With the season of holiday giving upon us, we wanted to make it easy for you to offer a little something special to ones you love, while helping make a positive impact. Whether through transparency, sustainability, fair trade practices or organic ingredients, this carefully curated gift guide will also help support ethical and environmentally sound businesses and the individuals they employ.
Gifts for Her
1. The Alee Down Pullover from Nau, a sustainable urban outdoor apparel company that focuses on ethical sourcing and production as well as premium design and performance.
2. The Hex Ring by UNA is a timeless, everyday piece made from recycled land mines in Cambodia by local artisans.
3. The Tibeb Infinity Scarf by Sskeo is made by fair trade certified artisans in Ethiopia.
4. The ‘Straight as an Arrow’ Alis Shoulder Bag by Manos Zapotecas is handmade by Zapotec artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico according to fair trade principles.
5. Dr. Hauschka Hand Cream is made in Germany using organic ingredients and sustainable business practices.
6. Nisolo’s Harper Chukka Boot is made in Peru using socially responsible business practices that focus on transparency, fair wages and superior design.
7. Mast Brothers Chocolate is made in their factory in Brooklyn, using cacao purchased at above-market prices from small farms and cooperatives worldwide.
Gifts for Him
1. The Jacobsen Salt Co. Gift Set is a sampler of finishing salt harvested sustainably on the Oregon coast.
2. Hortensia’s Block Beanie is handmade in Peru from Alpaca wool, produced according to fair trade principles.
3. Beard Oil Cigar Box Sampler by Portland General Store is made in small batches in Portland, Maine, using natural, organic and vegan ingredients.
4. The Twill Tablet Case by Everlane is made with transparency in their factory in China, where they recently raised money to build an outdoor recreation area.
5. The ‘Straight as an Arrow’ Duffel by Manos Zapotecas is the perfect travel companion, handmade by Zapotec artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico according to fair trade standards.
6. Lavender Oatmeal Soap by the Sellwood Soap Company is perfect for sensitive and dry winter skin, handmade with high-quality, healing ingredients, minimally packaged in recycled kraft card stock.
7. The Hemp Henley by Groceries is made in LA from organic hemp and cotton. All Groceries employees receive fair wages and benefits.